Monday, September 28, 2009

Daily Fruit + Play

Yesterday I ate:

9:00 . . . juice of 10 oranges
12:00 . . wild muscadines, foraged
3:00 . . . more muscadines, bought from corner stand
5:00 . . . ridiculous amount of muscadines (~3 pounds)
6:00 . . . 9 pickling cucumbers + 2 tomatoes
8:00 . . . 1 banana

Play: barefoot walking ~4 miles, stretching, secret obsession

On the left, in my hand, are the wild muscadines I find while walking around near the woods. These vines are 1-3 years old. The grapes on the right are from vines that are 40+ years old, with larger root systems. They all are unbelievably good. Yesterday it was so hot and sunny and I ate so many grapey grapes that I kept having childhood memories of eating grape popsicles bought from the ice cream truck in the summer. I also loved banana popsicles and cherry popsicles. Of course, they were just substitutes for the real thing, and NOTHING can top the real thing! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment