Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Daily Fruit + Play

Yesterday I ate:

9:00 . . . 1/4 watermelon
11:00 . . 1/4 watermelon
2:00 . . . muscadine grapes
4:00 . . . more grapes
6:00 . . . some tomatoes
8:00 . . . grapes! lots of them!

Play: barefoot walking/running ~5 miles, 1/2 hour New Secret Obsession (fun!), stretching

The day turned cool and grey and rainy, and the old addictive mind started thinking of stocking up on comfort foods. I don't want them, it is just an old mental habit triggered by weather cues, like Pavlov's dogs. I've learned to ignore it and sigh. I actually wanted some bananas, but didn't have any of the exact ripeness I like. I am still enamored of the grapes. Their season is so short, I have to take advantage and enjoy the heck out of them. Gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment