Monday, October 19, 2009

How It All Begins

Whoa, what's happening here???

Yes, that is me, being fed ON MY BACK. What?!?!?!

And I'm being fed some sort of cereal. Ugh. Maybe you can't see it, but I am screaming and crying and trying to spit this stuff OUT. Hey, people, I'm choking here!

For starters, a baby of this age needs only breast milk. But in the 50's, that was considered rather primitive and beasty and mothers were encouraged to use "formula" instead.

Let me say right off that I am a priviliged person and I know it, cared for and kept safe and raised by loving, intelligent parents. I am grateful for them.

But we all get off the track right here, right from the beginning, before we even have any awareness of what is going on. Other people, well-intentioned for the most part, force us to eat biologically-incorrect and harmful "foods" when we are unable to protest or make choices for ourselves. By the time we ARE able to start making our own choices, our brains are somewhat deteriorated from the poison and our bodies are sick and addicted to junk and we are really on the road to ruin. Plus, we continue to be under the thumb of our parents, the schools, the government, the media, and societal and cultural norms, all telling us what to do. And most of it wrong. What a world of confusion.

Really, I marvel that I am still alive after all the poison that has gone into my body.

I like to imagine what it would have been like to have been fed only breast milk, and then fruit, from the very beginning. Surely, that would be paradise. To not ever be sick, or depressed, or confused. To be your best and highest self with a perfectly healthy body and mind.

But I'm SO grateful that it is not too late to experience some version of that paradise. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment