Saturday, October 10, 2009

Daily Fruit + Play

Yesterday I ate:

10:00 . . juice of 8 tangerines
1:00 . . . cantaloupe + cherry tomatoes
5:00 . . . lots of black grapes
7:00 . . . 1 charentais melon (above)
8:00 . . . 4 bananas

Play: little bit of walking, yoga

Yesterday I ate lunch out, which I rarely, rarely do any more. But it was a family girlie thing which was special with people I love and there was a buffet lunch with a large bowl of cantaloupe balls. I brought some grapes in case there wasn't anything for me to eat, but wound up going with the melon balls to fit in and they were of a decent quality, maybe a little crunchy.

Even as I am writing this, I am thinking of what a privileged life I have. On the day I was sitting having my little girlie lunch I know there are lots of people who don't have ANY food to eat, or are in the hospital in pain, and here I am writing about whether the fruit served to me was of a good enough quality.

But I also think that if we just had more fruit trees available to more people, there would be less hunger problems and less people sick and in pain and suffering. There would be less restaurants and less need to entertain ourselves with harmful "food" and more awareness of natural pleasures and real health.

The whole restaurant dilemma is a weird modern-day problem and I plan to write more about that soon. In the meantime, I do my best to live and eat simply and in agreement with Nature. It's a whole world of REAL fun and pleasure and I hope everyone will want to join in!

No comments:

Post a Comment