Monday, October 26, 2009

Daily Fruit + Play

Yesterday I ate:

9:00 . . . juice of 8 organic valencia oranges
11:00 . . juice of 6 organic valencia oranges
1:00 . . . 1 honeydew melon
4:00 . . . large bunch of black grapes, very sugary
5:00 . . . 1 pomegranate
6:00 . . . 1 cantaloupe + 1 tomato
7:00 . . . more grapes

Play: dance, stretching, secret obsession

Fruit is so beautiful. This pomegranate is a work of art. I almost didn't want to destroy its' beauty by opening it.

And eating something like a pomegranate is a seasonal treat. The flavor is special, unique, and a reminder that seasons are changing. Obviously, it does not supply much sugar energy, so I cannot imagine living on pomegranates. But it felt very refreshing and cleansing and the taste was delicious, zingy.

And by the way, as always, I do not eat the seeds. I put them in my mouth, eat the fruit flesh around them, and then remove the seeds with my fingers.

With a pomegranate, it takes a while to eat just one. It feels like a peaceful meditation to do so. I like to sit down outside with my fruit, whenever possible. Simple pleasures are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment