Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Daily Fruit + Play

Yesterday I ate:

9:00 . . . juice of 8 valencia oranges
12:00 . . bunch of black grapes
3:00 . . . 5 bananas
6:00 . . . 1 large cantaloupe + 3 tomatoes
8:00 . . . few grapes

Play: barefoot walking/running ~4 miles, secret obsession, stretching

With bananas, I find that there is about a 5-minute window when they are of perfect ripeness. Ha, ha. These in the picture are just about perfect, maybe slightly past that window. Some people like them riper, with more black than yellow, but not me.

I go through phases with bananas. They are not my favorite fruit, but sometimes they do taste wonderful and they are a good, inexpensive, reliable dose of sugar. I definitely eat more of them in the winter. Sometimes they taste like bubble gum and heaven knows I used to LOVE bubble gum. ♥

2 comments:

  1. Barefoot walking? Does this mean you are actually barefoot on the pavement? Can you tell me more about it please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Kay, I am walking barefoot, partly on pavement, partly in grass. It is easy, much easier than wearing shoes. Really! Think about how weird it would be to wear mittens on your hands all the times. You would lose sensitivity and ease. Same with your feet. Give it a try! : )

    ReplyDelete