Thursday, October 8, 2009

Daily Fruit + Play

Yesterday I ate:

9:00 . . . black grapes
12:00 . . juice of 8 valencia oranges
2:00 . . . 1 cantaloupe
3:00 . . . 1 charentais melon (in picture)
4:00 . . . 1 cantaloupe + some campari tomatoes
8:00 . . . 1 large honeydew

Play: barefoot walking ~4 miles, secret obsession, yoga

I was a TOTAL melonhead yesterday. And that charentais melon was heavenly! They are famously french melons, hence the cute name. Thankfully, someone is now growing them in the US.

You can see it is slightly smaller than a cantaloupe, but richer in color and taste, and sweeter. I tried these last year for the first time and now I am hooked. Yesterday, I was OMGing all over the place. I know why Anne Osborne loves them so much! She wrote an article about the charentais melon that is excellent and so poetic. Thank you, Anne! ♥

Melons are such a WONDERFUL food to eat. . . so soothing, sweet, and easy to digest. It is perfect, like baby food. You can baby yourself with melon.

I am so grateful that I get to eat more charentais today.

Must. Buy. More.

3 comments:

  1. Do you really think that life for you will go on that way for a very long time? This is not life , It is fanatism about your Fruitarian diet. Get a real life , get a boyfriend , Find out about life adversities and get strong! If you don't, one day you will be shoked. You are not in Eden Garden girl!!You are on earth where sufferings is part of our daily condition. Avoiding it like you do is totally wrong!

    Laura.(Fruitarian)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie ♥
    Hurray, Hurray for Charentais!
    ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Laura. . . If it makes you feel better, I think I am shoked NOW! ♥

    ReplyDelete