Monday, November 30, 2009

Daily Fruit + Play

Yesterday I ate:

9:00 . . . juice of 6 large Fall-Glo tangerines
11:00 . . 1 pineapple
1:00 . . . a few organic medjool dates
3:00 . . . 3 bananas + 1 date
5:00 . . . a dragon fruit (pictured)
6:00 . . . 1 large cantaloupe + 3 organic tomatoes
8:00 . . . bunch of red grapes

Play: walking/running 5 miles, stretching, secret obsession

This dragon fruit was an unusual find at Whole Foods and I was surprised by how good it was. Very juicy and mildly sweet. Delicate in flavor. I could definitely make a meal of these, but there was only one there! The color alone is amazing and I could feel that my body really absorbed it and loved it. Kinda hard to explain, but my body LOVED this color.

I had tried dragon fruit before, but those were white on the inside and were rather bland, as I recall. I'm glad I tried one again.

There are so many amazing fruits on this earth and most of them grow in tropical regions. And a lot of them are so delicate and sensitive that they must be eaten right off the tree. . . they can't be shipped because they go bad so quickly. I look forward in my life to trying LOTS of new fruits.

2 comments: