Monday, November 9, 2009

Daily Fruit + Play

Yesterday I ate:

9:00 . . . juice of 8 oranges
12:00 . . juice of 8 oranges
2:00 . . . 1 honeydew
4:00 . . . 1 lb. kiwi + 2 tomatoes
5:00 . . . 1 honeydew + 3 bananas
7:00 . . . 1/2 watermelon

Play: walking ~ 4 miles, stretching, secret obsession

Wow. When a honeydew is THIS good, you can't top it. My honeydews yesterday tasted like pure candy to me. They gave me a euphoric feeling.

I promise you that no cooked or processed food EVER gave me such a magical feeling. In fact, quite the opposite. It made me feel terribly sick in my being.

When I eat fruit, I feel good before, during, AND after.

This reminds me of a powerful thought I used all the time when I was first transitioning to an all-fruit diet: There is always excitement before and during an act of dissipation, but afterwards, only sorrow and regret. EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Yes, it is a brilliant thought, and true, but honestly, it took me YEARS to get it.

Please be patient with yourself, and just keep heading in this direction. You WILL BE rewarded. ♥

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jules, Q-How do you pick out kiwis...mine have always been bitter? Do you eat the skin?Do you buy organic? I've never had luck with honeydews either(they usually aren't ripe). Any tips would be highly appreciated,from you or your readers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jean, I do know what you mean about the kiwis. I buy them at Whole Foods sliced in a container. Obviously, they know how to pick them because they are perfect! I have found that it's a good snack when I'm out and about. I do NOT eat the skin of kiwis. I wrote a blog already about honeydews on September 20. You can find it quickly in the archives. Hope this helps. Or some stores have them sliced in half so you can see inside. They should have lots of white flesh and liquid. Yes, it is very disappointing to buy fruit that is not good. Big Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog Fruity Jules. Did you have a transition diet that included greens, grass, or nuts and seeds?

    Kiwis and most melons (except watermelons?) will ripen sitting out on the counter. I've had cantaloupes continue ripening in the refrigerator.

    ReplyDelete