Thursday, November 19, 2009

Daily Fruit + Play

Yesterday I ate:

9:00 . . . 1 small watermelon
12:00 . . 1 cantaloupe
2:00 . . . 5 tomatoes + 8 pickling cukes + 4 dates
4:00 . . . 6 organic valencia oranges
8:00 . . . 1 cantaloupe + 4 dates

Play: dance training, yoga, secret obsession

For most of my life, I did not eat "breakfast." I didn't like it as a child, and had to be forced to sit at the table and eat SOMETHING. Now I know why I didn't like breakfast: I just plain didn't like the food. It literally turned my stomach. And then as I got older and developed even more disordered habits, I was eating lots of food late at night, so when I woke up I still had last night's food digesting sourly in my system. So no wonder I wasn't hungry in the morning.

But very shortly after starting on just fruit, I discovered that my body really liked having a little something light earlier than lunchtime. I have usually been up a few hours by the time I have some melon or juice. It works so well and now I look forward to my morning fruit.

In my mind, I do not eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I just eat as much fruit as I want, as often as I want, regardless of time. I eat when I'm hungry, and not according to social convention. I have to admit that I LOVE this way of life, being mostly independent of social mores. Sometimes I feel mischievous, like I am looking around to see if I'm going to be caught and made to "do right."

But now I am like a kitty: You can't make me. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment