Thursday, November 12, 2009

Daily Fruit + Play

Yesterday I ate:

9:00 . . . juice of 8 organic valencia oranges
11:00 . . juice of 8 organic valencia oranges
2:00 . . . 1 cantaloupe + 1 lb. campari tomatoes
4:00 . . . 4 bananas
5:00 . . . 2 bananas
8:00 . . . 8 oranges

Play: yoga, secret obsession, stretching

Yes, it feels like settling in for winter now. The local produce is gone. I already miss the local tomatoes. These campari tomatoes from Mexico will have to do.

But it is hard to complain and feel deprived when I live in a place and a time that there is so much available.

I have been thinking about all the animals, hunkering in for winter. They have it tough. I get to stay warm and dry and eat all the food I want, fit for a princess. How can one ever feel ungrateful with such an abundance of luscious oranges, cantaloupes, and bananas? Some people and animals have nothing to eat. While some of us humans are ridiculously spoiled. Gratitude. ♥

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post Julie ♥
    I am really enjoying reading your blog.
    The Abudance we have is truly amazing.
    Love and light XX ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Anne. You are so dear and tender-hearted. I understand. ♥ Love to you. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Julie,
    I am SO happy to discover you once again with this beautiful blog. Perhaps you remember, I knew you a while ago on the Vegsource board.

    I too will miss our local heirloom tomatoes, but the farmer is hoping for a week or two more!!

    But it is persimmon season time now and I am immersed in eating those orange juicy bundles of joy!!

    love,
    myra

    ReplyDelete