Saturday, November 28, 2009

Daily Fruit + Play

Yesterday I ate:

9:00 . . . juice of 6 organic valencia oranges
11:00 . . juice of 6 large Fall-Glo tangerines
1:00 . . . 1 large cantaloupe
4:00 . . . 6 organic fuyu persimmons (pictured)
5:00 . . . 3 organic tomatoes + 4 pickling cukes + 4 medjool dates
7:00 . . . 4 organic bananas

Play: dance training, yoga, secret obsession

I am not a big persimmon freak, like some people I know. They are a nice seasonal treat, with their very sweet honey-flavored jelly. I would eat more of them if I had a tree of them. Maybe I should grow one. They are so beautiful in the fall with all the orange globes hanging on them. Kinda zen-like.

Bananas are tasting better all the time, the colder it gets. If one wants to be fruitarian, it is best to learn to LOVE bananas. You can find them everywhere, and they are inexpensive. Have you ever noticed that children LOVE bananas? I am starting to fall in love with them again myself. ♥

5 comments:

  1. Your Persimmons look beautiful.
    Cappi does love Bananas, especially the small Ladyfinger ones.
    Hope your week-end is peachy ♥ XX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Anne! Cappi is a lucky boy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told you I did not like bananas very much...
    But since a few days, I've found some very so good ones...
    My conclusion is that when a fruit is good and ripe, it tastes good for me !
    I feel happy to re-like bananas like in my childhood, when my mum crushed them for me.
    Give me lots of energy, feel empty with (less temptations of eating avocados or cooked, with which I don't feel good at all after eating).

    Just wonder about the gasing subject of bananas...

    thank you for your inspiring determination
    sandrine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am startig to re love bananas again too! I havent had one in over a year, and then I did. They are great when they are ripe! Thanks again for your awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Sandrine and A! You guys are the best! ♥

    ReplyDelete