Friday, February 19, 2010

Daily Fruit + Play

Yesterday I ate:

8:00 . . . juice of 6 valencia oranges
9:00 . . . juice of 8 valencia oranges
1:00 . . . a few medjool dates
3:00 . . . juice of 10 valencia oranges
5:00 . . . 4 bananas, made into pudding
7:00 . . . 4 bananas + a few medjool dates

Play: stretching, yoga

I've been away from the computer for a few days. I feel "lucky" that I am not required to be tied to a computer the way most people around me seem to be. Still, I have to admit I enjoy and appreciate it as much as anyone. I like it for information, friendship and community, and, most of all, inspiration. But I can feel/sense that the artificial light in the eyes is not a good thing, so my body doesn't like to stare too long into the light. I much prefer natural light/sunlight. Also, I can feel the weird vibes emitted from the computer and the TV. They do feel harmful and draining, like they are definitely affecting my energy field. So more and more, I am reducing my time in front of any screens. Darn Olympics. And Survivor. Ha, ha.

I asked my computer guy if he could imagine going off to live on a tropical island with no computer access. He is tied to a computer 24/7, so I thought he would say he couldn't live without a computer. It surprised me when he said, "I might miss it for a day or two, but then I would be happier than ever."

This is my favorite mug for eating banana pudding. I make the pudding with my hand, squishing a banana until it becomes liquid. Sometimes I eat it with my fingers, and sometimes with a bamboo spoon. I think it tastes better with the fingers. ♥

7 comments:

  1. hi julie,

    you started your blog after being a fruitarian for over a year, what was your first year like? i know from reading your post on salt that you "fell off the wagon" a few times for salty condiments. but what i would really like to know is did you feel good right from the beginning as a fruitarian, or did you go though a transition/adjustment period where maybe you did not feel so good but you just kept doing it because you felt it was correct, and eventually you started to feel better? Did the fruit ever make you feel tired or just plain yucky when you first started? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Esmee. . . This is a good question and I cannot answer it in a sentence or two. So I'll address this in my next post. Thank you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. love you, Jules ♥ Fantastic blog and notes! Reading what the computer guy said was nice! :)

    That banana pudding looks scrumptious! lovin' the mug and wooden spoon too... they look like fun to eat with! p:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Tinah! Love you back. ♥ I liked what he said, too, very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Technical question having nothing to do with fruitarianism: how do you upload a youtube video on a blog posting? I see you have done this several times and I cannot figure out how to do it for the life of me. Any help would be appreciated. Looking forward to your next posting. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There was a time not too long ago where all of a sudden I became really sick of the computer and wanted to quit going on it altogether. I don't really get what happened, but I was never able to do it and here I am still using the computer. I wish that the Internet could become more of a directory or storehouse and less of a location in itself.. Our reliance on it is pretty crazy if you step back and look at it.

    And a late follow-up to my last comment: aquapoo@ymail.com is my email ^^

    Hope you are having a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Esmee. . . What I did was ask the internet how to do it! Just plug in some key words like "How to embed video on blogger" and you will get some great instructions. Hope this helps. : )

    Thank you, Ran! I will contact you today. Yeah, darn computer. ♥

    ReplyDelete