Friday, February 5, 2010

Daily Fruit + Play

Yesterday I ate:

9:00 . . . juice of 8 valencia oranges
12:00 . . juice of 8 valencia oranges
3:00 . . . juice of 6 valencia oranges
4:00 . . . 4 bananas + handful of medjool dates
6:00 . . . 1 cantaloupe + a few dates
8:00 . . . juice of 6 oranges

Play: dance, yoga

When I juice my oranges, I like to juice just one at a time. Because each orange has its' own unique taste, and I prefer to taste each one individually. One is more like honey, another is very orangey, the next is a little spicy like cinnamon, then the next is very sugary. Each fruit is an individual, just like we are! Plus, it helps me to sip more slowly a small amount at a time. Instead of gulping it down into my stomach, it feels like it is being absorbed into my being.

I am always a bit sad when orange season ends, so I am careful to be very present and appreciate this bounty of sweet orange syrup. You will tire of reading about it before I tire of drinking in the syrup. It feels like my life blood lately.

Yesterday I convinced my husband to try having just orange juice in the morning instead of his usual grape + banana smoothie. He had 2 large glasses. He talked about it all day. . . how happy it made him feel, how clean and refreshing and delicious it was, how much he LOVED that orange juice. Uh oh. I think I created a monster. ♥

1 comment:

  1. Hey Julie,
    I have heard a lot of talk concerning citrus fruit causing tooth enamel errosion. So you have a problem with this? Do you brush your teeth immediately after consuming oj? Thanks for your insights!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete