Monday, July 26, 2010

Daily Fruit + Play

Yesterday I ate:

8:00 . . . several glasses valencia orange juice (hand pressed)
11:00 . . juice from 1/2 watermelon
4:00 . . . more orange juice
5:00 . . . handful of medjool dates
6:00 . . . 2 cantaloupes + a few tomatoes
8:00 . . . bit of watermelon juice

Play: walking/running, hiking in forest, acrobatics, stretching

This pic is what I have on hand right now: watermelons, cantaloupes, bananas, ataulfo mangoes, tomatoes, and valencia oranges. Plus I have a large bag of cherries and 3 lbs. of medjool dates. I try to keep a decent supply of food, enough for a day or two. I don't stock too much beyond that. I like to feel free to get whatever I want in the moment. I wouldn't want to commit in advance, for example, to a whole week of just mangoes, even if I got a great deal on them. Besides, it is possible that when you buy a lot of something, it may not all be of good quality. And THAT is a Big Bummer, to buy fruit that isn't good.

It's not really orange season, and I normally wouldn't buy oranges at this time of year, but I just had a hankerin' for them and they looked OK to me. They turned out to be surprisingly sweet so it has been a treat to have some fresh OJ.

The watermelons continue to be excellent! The other day I got 4 big ones (over 20 lbs. each) for $14. at the farmer's market. I have found one grower to have consistently sweet melons so I just keep going back to them. I feel spoiled with the abundance of great produce. There is so much to choose from I can hardly decide. And people think I am deprived because I am eating ONLY fruit. Ha!

What about horses, who eat only grass, or squirrels, who eat only nuts, or koalas, who eat only eucalyptus leaves?

We humans, natural frugivores that we are, have totally lucked out in the food department. ♥

I'm not so sure about the brain department, because from the looks of things we're not too bright. ; )

5 comments:

  1. ♥♥♥ The reason we are currently messed up in the brain department is because most of us are NOT eating our natural diet of FRUIT. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Esmee . . . YES! I am in total agreement! It's so obvious! I feel sad for everyone NOT eating fruit. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing.

    That is all.
    http://alydawg.livejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does fruit have sodium? If not do you take a suppliment? Can we live without it? When I exercise hard outside in the heat and don't replace the salt I have leg cramps at night. I guess it could be my SAD diet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, sweet Alyssa! You just made my day! I'll check out your journal. ♥

    Hi, Anonymous! No, I don't take supplements of any kind. Think of the money I save! ;) Fruit contains everything we need.

    All I can say about muscle cramps is that I used to get cramps in my feet when I pointed them, but I am certain now it was from ingesting salt. Since I quit the salt I have not had any problems. I would say the problem is due to salt poisoning/dehydration. The reason your body sweats out salt is that it is trying to get rid of it! Same with crying. Think about it . . .

    ReplyDelete